Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baking Cookies

The kids show a great interest in cooking while I'm in the kitchen...which makes me very happy. I try to give them simple little tasks to make them feel like they are "helping" but they just never really feel satisfied with "hold the spoon for mommy". So I decided to bake some cookies with them, letting them do most of the work...and surprisingly, it turned out to be so much fun!

I just gave them the right size measuring cup and measuring spoon and let them count out how many scoops when in. It turned out to be a great exercise in practicing numbers. But then Timo got a little carried away with the baking soda...

Timo testing the chocolate chips before they go in...
The best part was eating the cookie dough!
After baking came time to eat our final product. For some very odd reason, Timo wasn't interested in the baked cookies at all...who's son is he anyway?? But my sweet tooth little girl tried to eat as many as she could get away with!

No comments: