Friday, July 2, 2010

Water Play

One of the fantastic things about being home was taking full advantage of my brother's pool! The kids haven't been in the water much in their little lives so I wasn't sure how they would do. But Granny got them these fabulous swim suits that have life jackets built in them and they were awesome! We had so much fun splashing about and pretending to be "divers" (the kids love to watch this DVD about underwater life and it has scuba divers in it. Timo kept saying "look Mommy, I am a diver!" as he moved his arms back and forth).

I was alone with the kids for the first hour and it was bit challenging trying to manage them both by myself. They had to be held in the water so I could only have one in the water at a time....and I was freaking out that the other would fall in while sitting on the side...ugh. But luckily Cameron was happy just relaxing in the big floating chair...so she was safe while I played with Timo a while.
They both were a little shy in the water to begin with but quickly warmed up to it once I told them to kick their feet and splash like they couldn't do in the bath tub!
Their cousins, Kaylee and Kenzie, jumped in and the fun began! They pulled the foam noodles out and the kids got a chance to semi-float on their own. Cameron actually did a great job of wanting to do it all by herself...as long as she didn't get any water in her eyes...

Then our savior showed up...Daddy! Young got back from his meeting early and came straight over. Thank goodness! Now both kids could get in and enjoy the water together.
Cameron wanted back in her floaty chair so that gave me a chance to play with my nieces and Young a chance to work with Timo on floating. (A big thanks to Aunt Angie for taking all the great pictures!!)
We stayed out there two hours but it felt like only 20mins! I couldn't believe it when I checked the time and it was past lunch and nap time. No crying or complaining from any of the kids. But needless to say, the kids passed out as soon as we got home. Their cousin Kenie was so tired too and wanted to nap with the twins...three peas in a pod...

No comments: