Sunday, July 11, 2010

Round Up and Coming Home

This is the last of our North Carolina post...I know, so sad. I wanted to post just a few random pics and videos of our summer fun....

Bubble blowing was an almost daily activity. Granny and Grandpa kept the kids supplies with lots of wands, pipes and bubble juice for hours of fun. Cameron became quite the pro...practice make perfect...



We spent lots of time at playgrounds too. Parks seemed to be the perfect place to meet up with old friends of mine...so the kids could play and adults could visit. We ended up visiting with my friend Leigh Anne and her daughter Emilie so long, it was supper time and of course, McDonalds was the only place with an indoor playspace that we could find.


The kids just adored my brother...Uncle Kevin. He as a BBQ catering business on the side so we visited him at one of his jobs. The kids were well versed in the art of southern cusine by the time we left...BBQ, sweet tea and fried chicken!


Eventually it was time for us to pack up and head home...
Our flight back wasn't a smooth as going but we made it. We got a nap out of Cameron but Timo again, was way too wired to sleep. I bought these little laptops last Christmas as some door buster and had them put away just for our next flight. I didn't have to used them on the way going but busted them out for our return.


We had a great trip and can't wait to go back next summer. A big thank you to my parents...Granny and Grandpa! Thank you so much for giving us such a wonderful summer!

2 comments:

Lisa Y said...

Babs and Larry look great! Are you flying in first class???
I really need to see the kids again... I miss my friends and family :(

Leigh Anne said...

"I made the blog, I made the blog!!" LOL Glad y'all made it home safely and that you had a great time. You earned it! Look forward to seeing you again next summer, too, or maybe we'll make it out your way sometime.

PS: To "L(A)Y" a big shout out from the former "LAY" (now "LAF")...initials better, worse?? IDK!!