Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tricycles and Baseball

One of the days we were out we ended up having a big adventure that wasn't planned...does anyone ever plan car trouble?? My dad and I were taking the kids to a museum when his truck started acting up on the highway and almost wouldn't start again. We slowly pulled into one repair and they they had no time to look at it so we hobbled into another one that said they had time to check it out. This repair shop must be used to kids because they had toys and coloring books. I noticed that the toys were geared toward girls...maybe because any little boys are completely facinated with the going ons in the garage! Timo couldn't sit still but Cameron happily played with all the ponies.
Everything was taking much longer than expected, right into lunch time. The only place within walking distance was, of course, McDonalds. Cameron and I took a walk to get lunch and came back to have a little picnic in the office. We had to wait for Granny to come pick us up...the truck was in bad shape and had to stay at the repair shop.
After getting back home and naptime, we stuck around my brother's house since we were limited with cars...what a treat. That meant more swimming and ridding tricycles! Timo finally learned how to ride a tricycle!! I know what you thinking, you have to learn how to ride a tricycle?? Well, I guess my two do. They just couldn't get the idea of pushing the peddles to make it move. My brother's sidewalk is slightly on a slant so it made it easy for Timo to get the hang of pushing the peddles. yeah Timo, way to go buddy!




Cameron was just happy to be on the big wheel...
Later in the evening we went with my brother to a baseball game. There is a farm team just up the road called the Carolina Mudcats. We did all the fun baseball game activities...ate, cheered, ate, sang songs, ate, saw the mascot (Muddy the catfish) and ate some more! (the kids tried cotton candy for the first time). I think the kids had fun even thought they were somewhat restless...almost everyday they as about going to a baseball game...

No comments: