Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Up In The Air Again...

It looks like we'll be taking another east coast flight tomorrow. My Grandmother North (my Mom's mother) passed away yesterday morning at 7:30am and is finally at peace, at the age of 90. It was a passing we were all expecting and know she is in a much better place now. I fully expect my Granddaddy to have been waiting at the Pearly Gates to welcome her, along with all her sisters...what a party they must be having! The last time I saw my Grandmother North was while Young and I visited her on a vacation with his family in Florida a year after we were married..so about 5 years ago. She was healthy, full of energy and I'm happy that's my last memory of her.

So under not so ideal circumstances, we are heading to Florida for a celebration service remembering my Grandmother. We'll be going out as a family but I'll be staying, with the kids, two weeks to help my Mom wrap up the estate my Grandmother left behind (clean out the house and prepare it to go on the market) while Young has to come back right after the service on Saturday.

Please pray for my mom, her sister and brother as they grieve the loss of their mother. Pray for our extended family all over the country and us as we all travel to Florida. And pray for the services, as I know it will be a wonderful time of celebration and gathering of all our family...but also a time to grieve and miss the person that Grandmother North was.

No comments: