Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weekend with Dad

While I was away at the conference, Young was in charge...which meant eating out and going on hikes! Cameron LOVES to eat at restaurants (apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and Timo LOVES to go hiking, so Daddy has a pretty easy time pleasing both.  I think this was the first night, ice cream for dessert.
The next day they went hiking back to the Marin Headlands and out to the lighthouse that was closed the last time we tried to go.  It was open this time and they went all the way out to the tip.  Looks like it was a beautiful day for a hike.
After the lighthouse, he took them down to the Nike Missile Site.  As luck would have it, it was the 70th anniversary celebration that day so there was lots of things open and on display that wouldn't normally be.  Young said Timo was in heaven!  He asked every question he could thing to ask and didn't want to leave.  What is it with my son and his passion for anything military?  Reminds me of my brother...completely obsessed...and it now in serving his 22nd year in the Air Force.  Hmmm.
They were also serving cake...at least Cameron found some enjoyment out of the whole thing.
I remember when the twins were babies and Young would be like a deer in the headlights when I needed to run out for an hour and he had to watch the kids. But he is a pro now. All this fun and he even got them dressed in costumes and ready for the Fall Fest at church...super impressive...makes me love him even more...if that's possible.

No comments: