Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Cousin Time

Our last week was mostly made up of mostly cousin time. Our older cousin, Kenzie, was away at church camp but Kaylee was around and stayed with us for the next week.  We went to their church and the twins had a lot of fun in Kaylee's 3rd grade class.
Kaylee did have 2 hours of dance camp each day that Granny took her to.  While she was gone, we were hard at work getting the pool ready for when she came home.  Timo headed up the "set-up" process.
Grandpa introducing the twins to salted cucumbers...yum!  And lots of fire fly catching going on...
The next afternoon we headed to the NC Farmer's Market for some fresh fruit and yummy snacks.  I love the farmer's market here, so much produce I wish I could bag up and bring back with me.
Once we picked out the perfect watermelon and cantaloupe, we headed around the corner to Pullen Park.  I remember going here when I was a kid but they have redone it and it's a fantastic place to take the family now.  I only planned on spending an hour or so here but we ended up staying for 3 1/2 hours!
Love this statue in the middle of the park...

No comments: