Thursday, August 21, 2014

Finishing Up NC

We had a few days left and just enough time to fit in a few more activities I wanted to treat the kids with. One afternoon we went berry picking at a local organic farm close my parents house.  We picked our buckets and bellies bull of blueberries and blackberries!
 We would have picked longer but a storm started creeping up on us.  We saw the lightning and heard the thunder and decided it was time to take cover...but Timo just couldn't stop picking/eating!
 The farm had a small fresh ice cream shop so we enjoyed some homemade ice cream while the kids played checkereds and listen to the storm roll over.  Have I mentioned how much I love the slow southern life??

My parents live out where many neighbors have horses.  Each time we would dive by a horse farm, Cameron would ask if we could ride the horses.  I did a little research and found a horseback riding one and they had an open time slot.  We took Granny along with us and took our first horse rides.  We signed up for the 30min ride and it was just long enough for my poor bum!  I got to follow the kids as they were both guided but I was on my own on my horse.  But it was a great adventure and I'm already researching horseback riding in SF so we can take Daddy next time!
A little ice cream treat after with Granny...before we tried to start the car and realized we were out of gas!  I had been so focused on my GPS system each time we got in the car, I failed to notice the gas gags...opps! Thank goodness for my Dad's roadside service!!  A nice adventure to wrap up our time in NC...

No comments: