Monday, August 18, 2008

Visitors

We had a busy weekend of visitors from out of town. Saturday night I was excited to have dinner with a very dear friend of mine, Pat Staley. (she was in town for a conference) Pat was my youth choir director at my church back in NC. She was a major influence on me during my teen years and I have very fond memories of her our choir trips, Christmas concerts, endless UNC/State arguments and many, many laughs. It was great to see her and her family and have her meet the twins.
Then on Sunday evening we got to hang out with one of Young's friends, Keis. He now lives in Japan but used to work here in SF with Young many years ago. He had just flown in and was suffering from some serious jet lag over dinner. But it was fun to see him and he brought some fun Japanese toys for the kids. One toy that teaches kids how to hold chopstick and some musical instruments. The musical instruments have a very popular Japanese cartoon characters on them. Here is a picture of Keis practicing chopsticks with Timothy.
(Keis also helped me figure out to to read the sizing of the Japanese clothes Young's aunt sent a few months ago. Thanks Keis!)

No comments: