Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Food!

I'm wrapping up our Florida visit today with our adventures in food! Anytime I'm in the south, I try to make it to all my favorite restaurants and/or types of food...ie, southern BBQ. And I'm so glad I don't have extremely picky eaters (Cameron more so than Timo) so they too can enjoy the array of food cultures from down home.

We hit our local BBQ spot, Sonny's, for some yummy ribs, corn and sweet potatoes!

I think I mentioned pizza is a new favorite of the kids, so we had pizza a few times at the cafe in the Flamingo RV Park.

Ice cream was BIG while we were there. The old fashion ice cream truck came by my Grandmother's house each day so Granny treated the kids to Dora Popsicles one day. This is the aftermath and Cameron wasn't very happy that hers melted before she could finish.
And my little extra neat son wouldn't eat his ice cream sandwich with his fingers because they got dirty...he had to eat it with a fork!
But out of all the culinary treats they had...the biggest was their first visit to Chick-Fli-A! I know, I know, how did they get by the first 2 1/2 years with now Chick-Fli-A?? Well, we don't have one in the bay area. I think we have to trek an hour plus to get to the closest one. The kids loved the chicken bites and the indoor playground. I loved that their kid's meal came with a BOOK instead of some cheap plastic useless toy. Now why can't every fast food place put a book in the kids meals??

No comments: