Sunday, August 1, 2010

Jacksonville Zoo

Jacksonville has an amazing zoo! It's so nice to go to a zoo that actually has animals in the exhibits (unlike some zoos I've been to, hum SF). But we really only saw the Aferican loop because there was so much to do there, who had time for animals??

I only have two shots of animals...and one is all foggy because it was my first picture out of the air condition car into the heat. You can see some rinos and an ostrich. Then we saw some elephants...oh, so exciting.

It was sooo hot outside, upwards of 100, so we sought out some relief on the train.

We got off on the other side of the park, just infront of the large splash pad!! I had heard there was a one at the zoo so I brought their suit just in case. It was a huge hit. They kids took to their first splash pad like pros. Cameron was all over the place, even running under the water and getting her face wet...something Timo wasn't quite ready for but he did enjoy holding the water down in the pipes.



We stayed at the pad so long, it was lunch time and then time to head home. My Great Aunt Lois was a donor to the zoo and had a plaque put up for her late husband, Uncle George. After her death, her daughter Linda had a plaque put up for Aunt Lois just across from Uncle George's. On our way out I searched for the plaques and explained to the twins how special these two people were...I think they understood.
The kids are getting used to having their picture now...it's not hard to get them to pose and say "cheese".



We had a such a good time at zoo that Grandpa took the kids back today!

1 comment:

iteachpc said...

Hey Sara,
Love the zoo pix! I have a picture of the Melissa and I by Granddaddy's bench plaque! I didn't know they added the splash pad! That's so cool and definitely needed in this weather.
There used to be a great splash park downtown at a park near the Matthew's Bridge...can't remember the name of the park now, but I'm sure someone around there knows. It's free!!! My favorite price...
Hope you are enjoying your visit.

Lynnette