Monday, November 29, 2010

Car Show and Tea Time

Last weekend we did something for the first time...split the kids up on outings. It was the first time they have been apart, other than the occasional doctors apt when one is sick...even then, most of the time I take both with me. But the Car Show was in town and Young really wanted to take Timo. So I decided to take Cameron out on our first tea date. It was quite the ordeal and we can decide if we need to do it more often or if it's just too much trouble.

First off we had to move one of the car seats out of our big car and put in Young's car. Then there was a huge melt down by Cameron because Timo got to ride in Daddy's car and she couldn't. The small backpack of diapers, wipes, extra change of clothes, etc had to be split into two bags...ugh, it was a hassle. Not to mention the 10,000 times Cameron asked "Where's brother?" "Where's Timo?" "Mommy, where's my brother?"

But we did it and I think it was a good thing. The boys had fun at the car show and Timo even talked his daddy into buying two little cars for him.
And Timo got to do a little test driving too...start them young as his Daddy says...

While the boys were being boys, the girls were having fun on the other side of town at the new Citizen Cake location. For those of you who didn't know, I was the pastry chef at Citizen Cake for 12+years...before the kiddos came. Cameron and I tried out their new location on Fillmore street with my good friend Annelise. We had to test out the cupcakes...of course. And I love, love, love how much Cameron loves tea! She was really into the whole tea service, tea pot, stirring the tea and drinking like a "big girl." I can't wait to take her to fancy afternoon teas!

All in all it was a great morning being one on one with the kids, so easy taking just one kid out! I was amazed at how fast we got in and out of the car, how fast we walked to the restaurant and back and how nice it was to focus on just one sweet little face and one sweet little conversation at a time. I think we'll have to do it more often, just get a better system down. And I know having some time apart from each other was good for the kids too. Cameron nearly tackled Timo with a the biggest hug ever the second he walked in the door!

No comments: