Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Phases

The kids go in and out of phase all the time and are fairly simple and easy to adjust to...like bringing a toy to bed with them or wanting to read the same book over and over for three straight days. But Timo is going through a phase that has become somewhat disruptive and downright...funny. It's the "I want to be naked all the time!" phase.

It started out with not wanting pants on...so if you'll notice, in a lot of our pictures and activities, he has no pants on.
Then it was only wanting to sleep in a diaper for naps...so I let a few naps slide...
Now, if giving the slightest window of opportunity with no clothes on, he will dash away from you and nearly need to be wrangled down to be dressed again! This was one night after bath he bolted away from me before I could grab his jammies. I found his scooting all over the house on his bike...
Luckily we've been having warm weather in SF...they were playing outside, in clothes, but Timo got sand all down his shirt and pants (thanks to his sister). I took off his clothes to brush him down and off he went! Once Cameron saw her brother streaking...she would settle for nothing less herself!
So far he's only wanted to be naked at home...let's hope he gets out of this phase soon before it spreads to wanting to be running around au naturel on the playground!

3 comments:

Sharona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharona said...

hahaha! Two things I really love on this post:

1. The progression of Timo's nudity, shown by the photos: semi-naked...a little more naked...FULL MONTY BICYCLIST!! ACKHAHAHAHA

2. I love how Cameron looks all shocked and civilized (read: clothed) in the first photo, very 'Can someone please tell me how we got here?'

This is too good!

Abs said...

With Emmaline we build naked time in the morning between pj's and getting dressed. We do it again in the evening between day clothes and bath/pj's. I will admit that she's fine at daycare but when at home is often found in some state of undress. It's cold here too but she has only on a couple of occasions admitted that she may need clothes on.

It's a phase that I hope they both grow out of.

Abby