Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lovely Birthday

This past Tuesday (November 2) was my birthday and what a lovely birthday it was. There were several events that were supposed to happen, like a surprise birthday lunch with in Napa...but sickness, passing of a good friend and soccer games kept my friends from attending. Young then tried to move it to Tuesday night but it was election night and most were going to vote after work and would have made it too late. Young and I also had made dinner plans a while back at a nice restaurant but a little thing called the World Series changed those plans..

So we had a quiet little celebration at home with take-out and cupcakes...and it couldn't have been better. The kids know all about the birthday rituals now and were super excited since it was "Mommy's Birthday" I was overwhelmed with emotion as they sang "Happy Birthday" to me...they knew all the words!
And of course, eating the cupcakes is the best part!

2 comments:

Lisa Y said...

So cute! Who was laughing? Was that Cameron, nothing better than a kids laugh :) Glad you had a great birthday... you ready for the next one???

Sharona said...

ADORABLE!! What a perfect birthday party!! Just wait until I import them for my 30th...