Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lost and Found

We loose sippy cups all over the house all time. Most most times I can find them within a reasonable amount of time...like 30min or so. But twice I have looked for a sippy cup of milk for a few days and couldn't find it. I knew they were somewhere in the house, looked all over, the usual spots...under the bed, under the sofa, behind the sofa, in their toy box, in the car...but nothing. Then it always dawns on me out of no where...ahhh, I bet I know where it is...

This was Cameron's cup last month. I looked and looked all over for it, even asking her where she put it. She kept saying "I put it in the refrigerator Mommy." Knowing she can't possibly open the doors by herself, I still checked the fridge over and over...nothing. About the fourth day I asked one more time and she still said the refrigerator...then ah ha! it finally occurred to me, maybe it was in HER refrigerator! Yup, right there it was...four day old milk...mmmmm.
Timo's was a few weeks ago, again, I knew there was a sippy of milk among us but couldn't find it. After 3 days of it being missing and with Timo having no idea where he left it, I retraced his steps of that day. I remembered him asking to ride Daddy's exercise bike...then "bing", a light went off in my head and I looked at the water bottle holder...there it sat...nice, think, chunky milk!

It feels like a big Easter Egg hunt sometimes, with spoiled milk being my prize. I wish sippy cups, and some of their favorite toys for that matter, had a tracking device on them. I so want to call them when they are lost like I do when I can't find my cell phone!

No comments: