Thursday, September 29, 2011

Monkey Bars

Over the weekend I noticed these calluses in Cameron's hands. I couldn't think of anything she could be doing at home that would cause it so I was at a loss. Then I started thinking about what she could be doing at school...holding a pencil, crayons, using scissors...then it hit me! She runs to the monkey bars every morning when I drop them off...the monkey bars. But to actually have calluses? How many times does she go across to get calluses?? I decided to hang around one morning to see how far she had actually come in learning how to go across and was so surprised that she made it all the way!! Now mind you, she couldn't even move to one bar by herself 3 weeks ago...now she can go the whole distance! She sure did earn those little spots of tough skin...

No comments: