Friday, September 2, 2011

Random NC photos

I've been doing lots of organizing the past week...with all my free time...and came across some photos and videos from our NC trip that I didn't post. They must have been lost in the shuffle.

The first is a set of videos of Cameron doing flips. My niece Kaylee had been showing off her moves from tumbling class. Various things like head stands, flips, cartwheels, and roll overs were right up Cameron's alley. Cameron would get all the pillows and spread them out on the floor and start tumbling.
Poor Timo just couldn't get the hang of doing a flip but it's so sweet how Cameron was there to encourage him..."you just got to keep practicing..."
One of the best things about going back home to NC is seeing a lot of my old friends. I actually got to see my best friend from high school, Lisa Yemma. She was home from her two year teaching gig in Bolivia, headed to her next two years of teaching in the Dominican Republic. We spent a day together, gabbing like a bunch of school girls and both completely forgot to get a picture made. Can you believe that??!! But it was awesome to see her and catch up like no time had passed at all.

Another day I got to catch up with another old friend, Leigh Anne, and her two daughters Emilie and Rebekah. We met up for lunch at our fav place, Chick-Fil-A!
I got to hold baby Rebekah for a little while and Cameron didn't seem so sure about me holding another baby...
One of my other friends, Debbie Roberson, is the mom of 8 year old triplets. On top of being amazing parents, they have an annual fundraiser for their son Kirby, who has autism. They started this golf benefit called Hit It Farr for Kirby that raises money for autism research. My brother does the BBQ dinner each year so we stopped by to help out and I got to see Debbie and another friend Wendy. (Wendy, on the right, and I grew up next door to each other and I consider her like my sister). Working the event kept everyone busy so I didn't have time to take pics of all the other old friends I saw there too..but it was just so amazing at all the friends, 20+ years of friendships, that come together this one time a year to help out.
I think I forgot to mention that Young and I got to slip away for one night while we were all vacationing at the beach. My parents were so gracious to watch the kids over night and we went up the road to the Marriott Beach Resort. It was fantastic! Our room was ocean view, we had some relaxing time by the pool and a super fun and yummy dinner out! Such benefits of being close to the grandparents!
And last but not least, some of the beauties of North Carolina, the sunsets. I didn't realize how many sunset pictures I took, over 15...but don't worry, I'll only put a few up here. Makes me so homesick...

No comments: