Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Michael's Crafts

The past month we've gone to Michael's store to do some Halloween crafts. I love these craft days because you can use all their craft supplies for free...and they clean up after you! One Saturday they had decorate your own pumpkin. We just had to purchase the pumpkin, $3 each...the rest was FREE! Thank goodness they do the clean up because Timo was all about the glitter glue!
Cameron decided hers need feathers...and glitter glue too...
A few weeks later we went back to make Halloween T-shirts. Again, we just had to buy the shirts (2/$5) and they had the rest of the supplies. The shirts were a little different in that the kids wanted me to draw the spider web on they they would do everything else.
I thought it would be fun to put the kids' hand prints on the shirts...little did I know the shirt paint doesn't wash off very well, oops! We had to scrub and scrub and scrub. Cameron ended up drawing a spider and a ghost on hers while Timo painted a mommy spider, daddy spider and two twin spiders...all of which are "friendly".

I'm all signed up for their emails so I can plan on the Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts too!

No comments: