Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hiking Trail--Edgewood County Park, Redwood City

We met some friends for lunch down in Redwood City a few weekends ago and it was such a beautiful day we decided to carve out a little time for a hike.  We stumbled on Edgewood Park which had the most amazing views of the bay.
But to get up to this view, we had to go UP!  Way up!  The trail was long and steep...a well deserved break at the top.  The kids seemed fine, Timo found a trusty walking stick, but it showed just how out of shape I am...I think lobster rolls for lunch wasn't the best idea.
We were hiking with our friends Liz and Salvador who have 4 month old twin girls.  They did better than I did and they were carrying babies.  (Oh, how I remember the baby bjorns)
We made it to the top and enjoyed the sun, views and animals.  We saw a beautiful hawk flying, deer, a rabbit and lots and lots of bug.  I think I've mentioned it before, but living in the city, we have to really diligent about getting into nature so kids don't just think animals are in the zoo!
We're always looking for new places to go hiking...we're wide open to any suggestions.  We want more shots like this!

No comments: