Friday, April 19, 2013

Kindergarten Registration

We officially registered for Kindergarten!!  The second day of Spring Break we walked down to our local school, Argonne Elementary and registered Timothy and Cameron for kindergarten.  While the days of the last five years seemed soooooo long, the years have flown by and I can't believe we'll have two kindergarteners in the fall.

It was quite a process in getting both children assigned to our local school, which is 1 1/2 blocks from our house.  I won't go into all the details it took for this to happen, but I will say God is sovereign and He desires obedience in the face of adversity so He can provide.  The school system made a mistake, assigning Timo to our first choice school, Argonne, but assigned Cameron to a different school across town, which made me want to respond according to my flesh...very, very angry, put out and frustrated.  But when I finally got to talk to someone at the school board face to face, I humbled myself, pleaded that this wrong to be made right and was met with kindness and great compassion.  The kind lady sympathized with me and said she would do everything possible to get Cameron reassigned but that I would still have to wait the standard 6 weeks to find out via a letter in the mail.  Less than three days later the school board called and told us Cameron had been reassigned to Argonne.  Praise God!  I'm sure if I had gone in the puffed up and full of rage the situation would have not been resolved so quickly.  We are so blessed to be able to attend Argonne, but just blocks from our home and be a part of our neighborhood school.  We look forward to the next 6 years of being Argonne Parents!

No comments: