Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Break Roundup

I really enjoyed having the little break with Timo and Cameron.  I remember the days when they were 2 years old, thinking I would go crazy if I had to go to one more play ground.  But now, at 5 years old, with them in school all day, I relish the days we get to just hang out and play.  We visited a few play grounds on our time off...enjoying the climbing bug that has hit.
We kept up baseball practice and gymnastics class...
It was nice to just have a few lazy mornings to watch Curious George and Dinosaur Train. We also didn't have a bed time so we got to have few movie nights...Cars 2 was a major hit!
We visited IKEA on Tuesday, Tuesday kids eat free!  Timo doesn't like ice cream but he loves the soft serve from IKEA.
Lunch at Mel's is always a treat...Timo was showing me his "don't even think of taking a bite out of my burger" face.  My best friend's children were on spring break too so we all met for lunch one day.  Timo LOVES Jake...they played missile torpedo with the crayons...
And no vacation is complete without a trip to Target and the hand dryers.  Oh, a new Iron Man movie must be coming out...new Iron Man toys on the shelf...
We had a really fun "stay-cation" for Spring Break but Mommy was glad when school was back, and I think the kids were too...you know it's time when your kids start asking to see their school friends again.

No comments: