Sunday, May 3, 2009

Puttin' On My Shoes!

Cameron is such a smart little girl. She understands so much that I say to her. And, as I mentioned before, is super independent. She thinks, after watching you do it once or twice, she can do anything herself. Putting on her shoes is just one of the many examples of her thinking she can do it without any help. All I have to do it say "go get your shoes Cameron" and she knows which shoes are hers, knows they go on her feet and will sit for any length of time trying to put them on all by herself! We can finally leave after I lend a finger or two to help, but letting her do most of the work. ("let's eat", "bath time" and "story time" are a few other examples of her trotting off to do it without any assistance, so she thinks).

Here is a running monologue of Cameron trying to put her shoes on.

"Time to go? OK Mommy, I'll get my shoes on...I can do it myself. Um, but maybe I better sit down"

"That's better...no how does this shoe go on...strap in the front or the back?"

"Got it...if I press it hard enough it will stick to my foot!"

"Oh, silly me, I have it on backward...again...no really, I can do this..."

"OK, leme try the other foot, maybe that's the problem..."

"Uh, Mommy, I think I might need some help"

No comments: