Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Patch #1--Lemos Farm

We just got back from a pumpkin patch today but I thought I should try to post our pumpkin patch from last weekend first. Tis' the season!!
We hit the pumpk capitol of the world to kick off our pumpkin season, Half Moon Bay. I wanted to go to the patches down there early because it's gets pretty crowed as October passes...and boy was I glad we went the first weekend...I can't imagine how much more croweded this place gets further into the season. It was pack on the Oct 2...including running into some of our friends from SF! We decided on Lemos Farm based on some local recommendation and it was perfect! It really caters to the kids and is basically a tiny assument park with some pumpkins!


I don't think they actually know that these little rides move if you put money in them...we've never put quarters in them so the kids are juts happy sitting and playing on them. Wonder how long we'll be so lucky??
We took the little train ride through the ghost town...and Timo got scared...I think because he was sitting in his Daddy's lap and Young kept making scary noises...bad Daddy! Cameron really enjoyed it and laughed most of the time...but it did look a little too scary for little ones...
There were tons of these rocking horses placed all around the grounds and I think Cameron rode everyone of them...
Oh yeah, I forgot, we were at a pumpkin patch! At last, the kids found the pumpkins...

They were selling pumpkin pie that looked soooo good, I couldn't resist! But, of course, the kids had to have something too so we let them pick out a Halloween cookie to eat on the ride home. We had hoped the cookies would be enough to keep the kids awake on the ride home because we stayed well past their nap time...but no such luck. They took two bites of the cookies and were out!

No comments: