Wednesday, April 27, 2011

First Easter Egg Hunt

Two weekends ago Young had his wisdom teeth taken out...ouch! I didn't make any plans for the weekend because I wasn't sure what shape he would be in and I wanted to be able to nurse him back to health. They pulled the tooth on Friday and by Saturday he wanted to be left alone to sleep off all his pain medication...which meant I needed to vacate the house with the kids to give him some peace and quiet. I did a quick search online of local activities and found an egg hunt/family day in Mill Valley (about 20mins away). The kids and I loaded up and head out for our very first egg hunt!
We got there just before the hunt started...litterally. As we were rounding the field they were lowering the tape and the kids rushed out. Since it had already started, I just lifted the Timo and Cameron up and over the barriers and into the field to go hunt. Later I found out there were two age groups...1-2year and 3-5 years...we invaded the 1-2 year old hunt...opps! (It was better that way anyway, my kids are small for their age and would have been run over by all the older kids). It took Timo and Cameron a few eggs to really get the hang of it, but when they did, they were off and running!(I forgot their Easter baskets so my two were the only ones walking around with brown paper bags...)
There were lots of other activites for all the children too..bouncy houses, train ride, face painting, music man and of course, the Easter Bunny!



While we waited in line for the train (the slowest train ever...and I've been on a lot of trains) the kids open their eggs to see their loot! Surprisingly, they didn't even know the eggs opened and had surprises inside, I had to show them.
After the festivities we still had some time to kill...I wanted to give Young as much quiet time as possible. We were right next to a baseball field, bingo! We killed an hour watching Timo run the base while Cameron did more sampling of her goodies.
We stopped for lunch on our way home just to extend our fun sunny day...and I'm glad we did. This was what was waiting for us when we were coming back over the Golden Gate Bridge...foggy and cold weather! Gotta love SF weather...

No comments: