Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nap Time and Imaginations

I never really know what I'm gonna find when I open the kids' door after "nap time". It's a seemingly unending party in there everyday. I try to kept them in their room at least an hour for quiet time (which is anything but), if not long if they are playing well together. Most days aren't too bad, a few tug-a-war over toys or a bonk of the head on bed rails, but for the most part, they go into this imaginary world for two hours. One day it's bug catching...
The very popular dumping of all the toys out of their bins...they needed the bins to load all their stuffed animals in them to make a train...like the animals in The Little Engine That Could.
Another day it's "let's take off all our clothes and draw on the doodle board" or "we're going swimming on the pillows so we didn't need clothes." (let's take all our clothes off is a very common occurance)
Almost all days consist of taking every piece of bedding off their beds...then maybe falling alseep...on the bed or on floor but on all the bedding.

Sometimes we make it all the way through nap time without sleeping but just can't make it through afternoon snack!
The funny thing is, they will come in and out of their rooms about 10 times over the course of nap time, asking for more milk, potty, is nap time over, etc. But when I go in and tell them nap is over and it's time to clean, they will stay in their rooms another hour just playing/cleaning. So our nap time is stretched out to about 3 hours each day. Plus, they are in bed by 7pm, not a peep from them, asleep in 5 mins...I'm kinda liking this no nap anymore!!

(Even as I write this I can hear them in their room going hiking in the forest, looking for spiders!)

1 comment:

Sharona said...

ha! I can just imagine it!! I feel like I'm there on the couch with you, listening to them shout behind the door. Also, I LOVE these pictures!! They're too funny!