Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Countdown..

The clothes are laid out, lunches are packed, backpacks are ready, kids are beyond excited...but am I ready??
Tomorrow is the first day of school for Timothy and Cameron! We've we talking about it for weeks now and the kids are so excited. They have been asking and asking, "is today the first day of school?" So I got their number magnets out and set up a countdown on the dishwasher. We moved a number away each day so they could see how many more days. Here are a few of the countdown days...


I told Young tonight that I feel like I'm sending the kids off to collage...wondering if we've equipped them with the confidence to make friends, wisdom make good choices and a patience to not give up and keep learning. They will be in school 5 days a week, full days, learning all sorts of things, making new friends and really becoming individuals...Wow! I have mixed emotions about it all...I feel it's going too fast. I'm so unbelievably grateful to have been able to stay home with them the past 3 1/2 years, but I know they need more than I can teach them. Timo is so smart and asks a million questions each day...he needs someone who really knows how to teach a 3year old and make learning fun for him. And Cameron is so creative, I just know her teachers will be able to tap into her creativity in just the right way and will open up her imagination in ways I could never do. Their whole world is about to expand and grow greatly and I can't wait to watch and see.

Here is a little taste of the excitement level at the Ko house tonight...

Untitled from Sara ko on Vimeo.

Stay tuned for First Day of School pics tomorrow...

No comments: