Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Pre-K

We made it, Yay!! The first day of school is behind us and I think we can consider it a success...Timo is already asking to go back tomorrow. This is what it was like this morning walking out the door.

First Day of School! from Sara ko on Vimeo.



I told Young he was not allowed to travel on their first day of school because I was gonna need all the help I could get getting them dressed, ready and out the door on time. It worked! We were 15mins early...giving us lots of time for pictures and to leasurly walk to school. (plus, it was just fun having Daddy with us...he makes everything more fun!)
"Here is our school, woo hoo!" They were so excited, they ran in..I had to call them back out to snap this picture really quick.

They ran right in, put their bags in their little cubby and Timo caught sight of the little bathroom, just his size! He was so excited over the little potty, little sink, low soap and paper towels he could reach...I guess it's the little things, huh? Anyway, after Timo's little detour, they started playing and barely gave us a kiss and hug goodbye...it was that easy, praise the Lord!

Pick up was just as uneventful...again, praise the Lord! Both children were in the same clothes they left the house in, which meant no "accidents." I was really nervous about them telling someone new that they needed to potty but I guess all went well. And I noticed they barely touched their lunch so I'm guessing they were way too distracted by everything to really eat. I'm sure that will get better. When I asked "how was your day?", all I could get out of both of them was, "we played!" Cameron did tell me she put a puzzle together, no surprise there. And Timo told me his pants got wet playing in the water, no surprise there either. So all in all I'd say the first day of Pre-K was successful. I can let out a big sigh of relief now...Ahhhhhh....


3 comments:

Kevin, Angie, Kenzie & and; Kaylee Cameron said...

Glad everything went better than expected...the days and years really do go flying by, but you stay so busy with everything that you don't notice...they'll have a great year and learn sooooo much..little sponges!!!!

Sharona said...

ACK! I can't believe how big they're getting! What a great first day!!

fmwill said...

Hi Sara! Great start for them. Marshall started preschool a couple of weeks ago, too.He loved it first, but still has tears in his eyes when I drop him off.