Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bikes and Snow!

The following day my mom and I did our typically errands, groceries/Walmart trip to stock up on food for the week. I also needed to find some warmer jackets for the kids because the "slight chance of a dusting of snow" had turned into "1-3 inches tomorrow". I only brought pull over fleeces thinking our NC weather would be mild. I lucked out at Gymboree...all winter coats were on sale, $5 each! Anyway, while Mom and I were out, the kids were enjoying the freedom and space to ride their bikes all day long.  Cameron got brave enough to let go with one hand and wave!
The following day we woke up to snow flurries!  Now I have to admit, I was praying for snow long before we left on our trip.  It does snow some in NC and I knew it would be the kids only chance at seeing snow the rest of the winter AND thinking how nice it would be sit and watch it falling.  So I sent a little request to God.  God is good, He even hears the little, silly requests.  Not only did we get snow, we actually go accumulation!  It had been warm and sunny the day before, so it took a long time for the snow to start sticking, but that didn't stop us from going out and catching snowflakes with our tongue!
It snow almost all day, big puffy flakes, and most of the night.  Whoa, look at how much we got!  I know it's doesn't look like much, but it was more than we expected!  Most of the accumulation happen overnight, so there wasn't a lot to play with and the sun started melting it fast the next morning but it was so pretty watching it fall.  Thank you Lord for allowing us to see Your beauty and mighty hand at work!

No comments: