Friday, March 22, 2013

Cameron and Aidan

This year Cameron has a new friend in school named Aidan.  He is such a sweet little boy who is extremely shy and was having trouble adjusting to school the first few weeks.  Somehow, during this difficult transition, he was drawn to Cameron. I'm not sure what he saw in her because she tends to be content playing by herself...but in short, he became her constant shadow.  He would always be at her side when I picked the kids up and he would hold her hand, telling her "don't forget to say goodbye to me Camrun."  According to their teacher, Cameron always took her time with Aidan, played with him gently and unknowing found a way to start drawing him out of his shell. 

The principle takes random pictures of the kids each week and post them to the parents website and I think it's funny that with almost every picture of Cameron, Aidan is right at her side...whether it be playing cheetahs on the playground or art time, they are certainly two peas in a pod.
We love Aidan and have been so blessed by him being in our class this year!  I really like this picture of her reading to Aidan, dinosaurs of course.  I think Aidan helps Cameron as much as she does him.  Timo tends to be the "dominant' one in their relationship so I think having someone depend on her gives her a sense of purpose and confidence. 

No comments: