Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Haircuts and Lunch

With our "3rd Annual Ko Family Photo Shoot" just around the corner, not to mention birthdays too, I took the kids out for haircuts all by myself! (I'm starting to sound like Cameron, all by myself!) I was a little nervous taking them both without the help of Young, especially after Timo's last performance getting his hair cut, but both children have been in really good, cooperative moods lately so I thought I would give it a try. (I think the warm sunny days have something to do with it)

Cameron was first and was a champ! I think she just likes looking at herself in the mirror for 20 whole minutes...but hey, whatever works! The stylist had a tough job on her hair because it's coming in really thick now (like mine) and has about 4 cowlicks on top (like mine). So it's always a struggle to get her bangs even without more hair falling forward. I wish she would ear bows, ribbons or clips in her hair...it would make it a lot easier...but, hey, we work with what we've got, right?
Timo was next...and it took a little bribing to get him in the car, but a promise of a lollipop did the trick. He sat so still, I wasn't sure he was breathing!
And as if he wasn't sitting enough, she pulled out the buzz clippers and he froze...didn't move one muscle the whole time! Can you see the apprehension in his face??
Both kids did so well, I decided to treat them out for lunch...another biggie, going to restaurant by myself. They had skipped snack time because of all the haircut excitement (and lollipops) so I knew they were hungry, which I'm finding is the best time to take them out to eat. They are so hungry, they just sit and eat. It's when they aren't so hungry that they goof off and cause us to ask for the check and to-go boxes as soon as the food hits the table.

But not this day...I was so proud of Timo and Cameron. They really are growing up. We headed over to Noe Vally for a little Pasta Pomodoro, which is super kid friendly. As much as I love the small mom and pop restaurants, the chain restauants totally cater to kids and families. Crayons, kids cups and an activity book are a must for us in restaurant dinning now. I mean, come on, what could be better than coloring tomatoes and eating cheese raviolis or spagetti with meatballs for lunch?!

Timo finished his raviolis and wanted the rest of my pasta...even though he makes a mess, he cleans it up...gotta love him!

The waitress was so nice to bring out two tiny scoops of ice cream for them too! So even after eating a huge lunch, they both finished off their ice cream! I chalk it up the big growth spurt they are going through. (Timo outgrew almost all his clothes literally overnight!)

Now don't get me wrong, we don't get these pleasent, drama-free days very often, but when we do...it's so precious and sweet! Makes me forget all the bad days....I love my kids!

No comments: