Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Cookies

The few days before Valentine's Day we baked and decorated cookies with our friend Jordan. I had some gingerbread cookie dough left over from Christmas, so we made ginger Valentine's Day Cookies! As usual, the rolling and cutting took far longer than the actual decorating...I think because they hurry the decorating so they can eat the cookies!

I thought I had a set of heart cutters but turns out I didn't, just one big heart cutter. So we took our Christmas cutters and made them into Valentine people, Valentine Snowflakes and rounds to say "I love you". (it's all about how you present it to the kiddos)

The decorating wasn't as elaborate as I have envisioned...no "I love you"s were written on the cookies...we were just doing good to get the icing and some sprinkles on, but the end result was the same! Yummy goodness!

To make it through 3 cookies before eating one...immeasurable self control!

A sign of a successful cookie baking/decorating operation...none of the cookies made it the three days till Valentine's Day. Can't wait till Easter cookie time!

No comments: