Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school for Timo and Cameron. They were so excited to start their second year at CAIS. They couldn't wait to see their teachers again and Cameron even made "I miss you" cards for each one the night before.  Yay for school!
I took them to Target to pick out a new outfit for the first day...and this is what they picked, not the sharp looking polo shirt or pretty floral print dress. Timo saw Jake and the Neverland Pirates tv show once at Granny's house this summer and fell in love.  We don't have cable so he hasn't seen it since but talks about it all the time.  He had to have this t-shirt.  And my little super hero daughter wanted nothing to do with the pretty shirts or dresses, she had tough time choosing between the Batman shirt with a cape or this Captain America shirt.  We went with Captain America because it matches the lunch box she picked out.  Yup, that's my little superhero!  I'm learning, as a mom, to let go of my ideas/plans and embrace the individuals that they are.

No comments: