Monday, August 20, 2012

Homemade Pizza!

We have a new favorite supper at our house...homemade pizza! I used to make pizza all the time in the restaurant business but had never taken the leap of doing it at home with the kids. Trader Joes has pizza dough so I thought I would give it a try...and I'm all about the kids helping in the kitchen.  I dusted off my pizza stone and let the kids go at it.  I shaped the dough for them, it's a little tricky to get the circles, but they did the rest.  Just a note, the TJ package of dough can be split into three small pizzas the size below...more than enough for each child.
Perfection!  The kids get so excited to make their own pizza.  So are we've been pretty basic in our pies...cheese or pepperoni.  But I'm hoping to get a little more adventurous as time goes on...ham and pineapple, bbq chicken and maybe something healthy like spinach feta!

No comments: