Saturday, August 18, 2012

VBS--Aviation Wonders

VBS started the day after we got home this year. Wow, not much time to rest from our travels! But it worked out great, VBS was so much fun, it just continued out Summer fun time. The twins had a great time in their class this year while I had a blast helping out with snacks and lunches. Since I wasn't in the kids class, I had to sneak some pictures in between delivering snacks to the classes or setting up lunch for the volunteers.

The first day, they made pilot goggles that they wore every single day!
I'm not sure how the curriculum went this year, but I think the children "visited" the seven wonders of the world.  So each day they had a recreation time visiting a different location.  This day was snow skiing in the Alps...pretty cleaver, huh?
Lot's of art projects...the best part of VBS, if you ask me.
This was another activity of riding horses..not sure where, but I know everyone was running around saying "giddy up!"
More art!  The children had such great teachers this year. Having taught last year, I know how much work it is.  Thank you to all who took the time with my children!
Every morning they met in the sanctuary to sing the theme songs.  This was the last day so they wore the t-shrits they made earlier in the week.
The celebration was the afternoon of the last day.  A bouncy house, pizza and Rolo the clown!  Cameron wanted balloons painted on her face and Timo, who adores Rolo, wanted to look just like Rolo!
Then the children and their parents filed into the santuary to hear the kids preform the theme songs.  Everyone did so good!  Check it out.  In case you couldn't find Timo, he's the clown on the front row!

MVI 8226 from Sara ko on Vimeo.

No comments: